Keep up with Armagh i

Puppy dies during fire at city housing estate

A puppy died during a fire at a house in an Armagh housing estate yesterday morning (Tuesday), it has been confirmed.

Fire crews from Armagh and Keady attended a blaze at a mid-terraced house in Gough Avenue.

The call came in shortly after 7am and firefighters arrived to find a fire in a first floor bedroom.

The crews used breathing apparatus and two hosereel jets to extinguish the blaze, the cause of which appeared to be accidental.

The alarm was raised when working smoke alarms in the house were activated.

But NIFRS confirmed: “Sadly a pup was lost in the incident.”

Read more news:

No further traces of E.coli found at Craigavon Area Hospital kitchen

Masked men flee scene of attempted ram raid

Parents of tragic Ronan warn others against online dangers

Free Giveaways and Newsletter

Become an Armagh I member – for FREE – for all our great giveaways and regular newsletter. Sign up here.

Most read today

Latest podcasts

More in News