Keep up with Armagh i

Woman ‘critical’ after being rescued from Dungannon house fire

The cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental

Air Ambulance

A woman who was rescued from a house fire in Dungannon today is understood to be in a critical condition in the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast.

Firefighters were called to the blaze at Ardbeg, in the Donaghmore Road area, just after 11.30am.

The woman, who was pulled from the property by firefighters, was taken to hospital by air ambulance.

A spokesperson for the NI Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) said the cause of  the blaze was accidental.

Three appliances from Pomeroy, Dungannon and Cookstown attended the scene and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.

“One female casualty was rescued by NIFRS and left in the care of the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service,” the spokesperson said.

“The incident was dealt with by 1.22pm and the cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.”

The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service said it received a 999 call at 11.35 and one emergency crew, one officer, the hazard area response team and the air ambulance were despatched to the incident.

“Following assessment and initial treatment at the scene, one patient was taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital by the charity air ambulance,” a spokesperson said.

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

Most read today

More in Dungannon