Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze in Crossmaglen after electrical items from a refuse truck caught fire.
Three crews – one each from Crossmaglen, Newtownhamilton and Newry Fire Stations, attended the incident on the Newry Road at 10.40am.
A NI Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson commented: “Firefighters were called to reports that a quantity of electrical materials that had been dumped from a refuse lorry was on fire.
“Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two jets and one foam jet to extinguish the fire.
“The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental ignition and the incident was dealt with by 11.50am.
Sinn Fein Councillor Aoife Finnegan commented: “There are no reports of injuries and I am thankful that the refuse staff involved are unharmed.
“Hopefully the scene will be cleaned and cleared as soon as possible.”
Sign Up To Our Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for major breaking news stories as they happen – right to your inbox.