Here at Armagh I, we are looking to expand and develop our sports coverage across the region. We are seeking to recruit a part-time sports reporter to help build upon our already extensive news coverage.
With a monthly audience of 370,000 unique users locally and beyond – and an average of 2.5 million page views a month – we feel it’s time to properly move onto the sports scene.
Looking beyond the current health crisis, there is a wealth of sport to be tapped into, and we want that coverage to mirror our unique news offering.
With that, we are looking an individual with a broad knowledge of all sports to work with us, initially on a freelance – part-time basis, to help grow and develop this aspect of our brand.
– Cover all aspects of local sports, delving deeper to unearth content beyond traditional coverage.
– Manage a new concept of sports storytelling.
– Plan, record and edit interviews.
– Written/audio/video formatting.
– Manage social media.
The ideal candidate:
– An individual with at least one year of experience in audio/video – preferably both.
– An excellent writer, outstanding verbal communicator, and diligent proofreader.
– Passionate about sports and storytelling.
– Familiar with the local sporting scene.
– Experience of online publishing and Content Management Systems.
– Technically knowledgeable in audio/video recording equipment, including editing software.
– Experienced at researching, writing and editing scripts for audio.
– Adept at producing quality content efficiently under tight deadline constraint.
– An individual that shows initiative and effectively owns projects from start to finish.
– Motivated to experiment and creative enough to try new things.
Salary: Negotiable on experience.
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday, May 29.