Keep up with Armagh i

South Armagh woman in phone charger warning after burning incident

'I'm a very lucky girl that has a house today'

A woman from south Armagh has warned against the dangers of leaving a mobile phone on charge after she had a narrow escape.

Sabrina McGee, who lives in Dorsey, took to Facebook to share a picture of her charred charger and fabric it had burned through.

She had only left the phone on charge for less than half an hour and was about to leave the house when she noticed an unusual smell.

“I’m a very lucky girl that has a house today,” she told Armagh I. “Hopefully by sharing it, others will be more cautious.”

Posting on her Facebook page, Sabrina said: “Folks be careful when charging your phones… This phone was on charge less than 30 mins. I was very lucky I could smell something and checked before I left the house, or needless to say the outcome would¬† have been so much worse.”

 

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

Most read today

More in South Armagh