A Portadown man accused of rape and sexual assault will argue that there is no case to answer.
The case had been due proceed as a preliminary enquiry, however, the 32-year-old’s legal representative informed court it would be contested that there was a prima facie case to answer.
The 32-year-old, of Ballyoran Park, appeared charged with rape, attempted rape and sexual assault by penetration at Craigavon Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
Although scheduled for a preliminary enquiry, the legal process necessary to refer all cases towards to the Crown Court, the 32-year-old’s defence counsel told Deputy District Judge Brian Archer he was seeking to contest whether there was sufficient evidence to establish a prima facie case.
This was succeeded to by the judge who adjourned the case until October 2 for witnesses to be chosen.
A man who was clocked by police travelling at 112mph has been disqualified from...
A Craigavon man who told police that he had bought cannabis from Jesus has...
An Armagh man who pulled a woman by her hair and punched her repeatedly...
/ 4 days ago
Roll Up Roll Up, The Showman Is Coming to Armagh’s Market Place Theatre on...
/ 6 days ago
A prodigal son will be returning to Armagh later this month as he takes...