Keep up with Armagh i

Family ‘distraught’ after much-loved dog dies as result of rat poison

'PSNI are currently investigating this upsetting incident and the source of the highly toxic substance'

A Co Armagh family have been left devastated after their much-loved dog died as a result of poisoning.

And the incident has prompted one local MLA to speak out to warn others owners to be vigilant.

Upper Bann DUP MLA Jonny Buckley said he had spoken to the family who were “distraught”.

He said their pet had “come into contact with highly toxic rat poisoning in recent days”.

Added Mr Buckley: “This is highly distressing to lose a family pet in this manner of suffering, and I would ask people to please be vigilant on the Tandragee Road area of Portadown.

“PSNI are currently investigating this upsetting incident and the source of the highly toxic substance.”

Newsletter

Sign up for our weekly newsletter here.

Most read today

Latest podcasts

More in Portadown