Two pensioners had a lucky escape after a fire broke out at a bungalow at Derrynoose last night.
Firefighters from nearby Keady and Newtownhamilton raced to the scene on the Listrakelt Road after a call came in shortly before 10pm.
According to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service, it appears that a chimey fire had spread to the roof space of a conservatory at the property.
Fortunately, working smoke alarms alerted the residents to the fire.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to tackle the blaze.
An ambulance was called to the scene to attend to an 86-year-old who was suffering the effects of mild smoke inhalation.
A 78-year-old woman suffered shock.
Read more news:
B&Q to pull out of Craigavon with 80 jobs set to go
Drivers start fighting on a main street in middle of the day
New council adopt policy to reject Interconnector in its current form
Georgian Day report points to Armagh’s biggest festive celebration ever