Keep up with Armagh i

Man rescued from Tandragee house fire

A man has been rescued from a house fire in Tandragee, County Armagh.

The fire broke out around 8.30am this morning at a house on the Portadown Road.

Fire crew, wearing breathing apparatus, entered the building and rescued the man from the living room.

One man was taken to Craigavon hospital, while another man, managed to get out of the house before fire crews attended the scene, however, both men were treated at the scene.

The injured man was then brought to Craigavon Area Hospital where he is said to be in a stable condition.

Group Commander John Denver told BBC Radio Ulster that “seconds are vital in any fire, so getting the crews there quickly and getting that person out to a safe area was vitally important”.

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

Don't miss a headline with our daily newsletter. Or sign up to our weekly weekend newsletter here.

Most read today

More in News