The trial of Stephen McCullagh – the man accused of killing his partner, Natalie McNally – who was 15 weeks pregnant with his child at the time, won’t go ahead until much later in the year, a court has heard.
The 33-year-old, from Woodland Gardens, Lisburn is accused of killing his 32-year-old partner at her Lurgan home on December 18, 2022.
McCullagh, who has been refused bail on two separate occasions, has denied the offence.
Earlier this month, crown prosecution barrister Natalie Pinkerton contended that McCullagh was a “significant risk to the public” and that the case against him, while circumstantial, was “overwhelming”.
During a brief hearing at Craigavon Magistrates’ Court on Friday, the prosecution said that a full file on the case was still “some months away”.
District Judge Bernie Kelly said she was keeping a close eye on the progress of the case.
Judge Kelly re-listed the case for April 21 when an update for full file is expected.
Read more: Natalie McNally murder accused’s pre-recorded live stream ‘chilling’ as bail refused