Keep up with Armagh i

Carbon monoxide detected at house where pensioner found dead

The deadly gas carbon monoxide was found at the property where a pensioner was found dead last night (Sunday).

The house on Albert Street in Lurgan, county Armagh was sealed off by fire crews today.

A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) spokesperson told the Lurgan Mail: “We received a call from PSNI at 9.40pm on Sunday 4 December 2016 to attend an incident on Albert Street, Lurgan.

“Two Fire Appliances from Lurgan Fire Station and one Fire Appliance from Portadown Fire Station attended the incident.

“Wearing breathing apparatus Firefighters entered the mid-terrace property and confirmed the presence of carbon monoxide.

“Tragically a man in his 70s had been confirmed dead at the scene.

“A 60m exclusion zone was put in place and residents in the area were advised to stay indoors.

“The property was ventilated and the incident was dealt with at 11.17pm.”

Read more news:

Up to 30 teenagers involved in anti-social behaviour at Sherry’s Field

Key school routes will NOT be gritted despite safety concerns

Watch Lord Mayor abseil down Armagh City Hotel for Southern Hospice

Taxi driver’s terror as passengers threaten to sexually assault him in south Armagh

Mum’s faith in humanity restored as treasured stolen bicycle returned to speechless son

Cast of Cinderella do Mannequin Challenge at final dress rehearsal ahead of Armagh shows

Police warn shops and public to be alert to fake bank notes circulating

Join Our WhatsApp

Don't miss a headline with a daily round-up as well as major breaking news. Message 'News' to 07938050001.

Most read today

More in Lurgan