International Digital Retail Manager – Identify and develop market specific trading strategies to achieve short and long term growth objectives
The Rug House Ltd. is a leading online business selling rugs and other homewares throughout the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are a family run business with many years’ experience trading in home furnishings and we have recently opened our first retail showroom in Newry with our website due for re-launch in January 2015.
Having recently won three prestigious business awards (including two for exporter of the year) and doubled staffing levels to 25 in the last two years we are growing rapidly and wish to further expand our international portfolio and grow international sales. To assist with this we are seeking a retail development manager to develop and implement an international sales strategy in conjunction with the directors and other departments. You will be responsible for maximising the online potential of The Rug House international websites by improving sales and margin performance and identifying opportunities for growth.
– Identify and develop market specific trading strategies to achieve short and long term growth objectives
– Provide guidance and implementation of international trading, merchandising and online marketing strategies
– Undertake practical implementation of strategies
– Recognise and report international trading limitations such as availability, trading laws, platform functionality, system and process issues
– Work closely with in-house departments and 3rd party service providers to ensure strategies are successfully implemented
– Conduct regular in-depth analysis of performance per market and implement changes when necessary to ensure KPIs are achieved (both sales and service KPIs)
– Produce reports and provide feedback on market performance to directors
– Ability to prepare, implement and analyse strategies for a wide range of online trading aspects such as merchandising, landing pages, products, promotional messaging, SEO, PPC, email, social, mobile, content, user experience, conversion rate optimisation, analytics, testing, functional website enhancements, market research, insights and competitor analysis delivering succinct, meaningful insights and actionable data
– Assist with the recruitment of additional members of the international sales team
– Deliver operational training and guidance to other staff members in order to implement strategies
– Strong operational experience in international markets
– Excellent commercial and functional knowledge of trading via an online business
– Knowledge and experience in all digital retail platforms
– Trading mentality – able to work at pace, drive results and evaluate success
– Retail/Management qualifications are desirable
– Online marketing experience/qualifications are desirable
– Customer focused
– Strong web analytics skills e.g. Google analytics
– Problem solving skills – ability to identify problems quickly and use own creativity to propose actionable solutions
– Ability to influence at all levels within the business with strong inter-personal and communication skills
– Be able to work independently and apply common sense under pressure
– Driven for results, with an ability to identify and prioritise actions to deliver them
Salary is very competitive.
28 days holiday including bank holidays
– Company pension
– Additional holidays based on service. 1 day per year after 3 years.
– Childcare vouchers
Apply by forwarding CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 2nd February 2015
For more job vacancies at The Rug House, click here
Join Our WhatsApp
Don't miss a headline with a daily round-up as well as major breaking news. Message 'News' to 07938050001.