Urgent tests are to be carried out on water at Craigavon Lakes after the death of a family dog.
Sinn Fein Councillor Catherine Nelson has asked for ABC Council officers to investigate.
And she has also warned other pet owners to keep them away from the waters until further notice.
Councillor Nelson said: “Upon receiving the devastating news that a much loved family pet has died following a swim in Craigavon Lakes I immediately contacted council officers.
“The vet believes the death was caused as a result of algae poisoning.
“Council have agreed to test the lake as a matter of urgency.
“In the meantime I would ask dog owners to keep their pets out of the water.”
An arrest warrant has been issued for a Portadown man who was found in...
A Lurgan man is to face Crown Court proceedings later this year for allegations...
A man who stole a trolley load of goods to the value of almost...
/ 1 week ago
Torrential downpours and threats of severe flooding have put a dampener on the weekend...