At least four homes were targeted during a spate of burglaries in South Armagh over the past week.
Two houses were broken into at Jonesborough last Sunday afternoon.
And, on Wednesday evening, another two were burgled in Mullaghbawn.
There have been renewed calls for vigilance by local people and advice to increase home security.
“Great distress was caused to the householders at this invasion of their homes,” said Slieve Gullion Sinn Fein Councillor Mickey Larkin. “The damage of property and theft of personal items has to be condemned in the strongest terms.
“These parasites need to get off the backs of the hard working people of South Armagh.”
Sinn Fein MLA Mickey Brady reminded the public of an ongoing scheme to provide security in the home.
“The Home Secured Project is funded by the Executive through the Policing and Community Safety Partnership,” he said.
“This worthwhile scheme is implemented by volunteers who will visit your home to assess your needs. One of a number of security devices could then be fitted to your home. We must all do our utmost to thwart these thieves.”
Read more news:
‘Boogaloo and Graham’ to get TV premiere as Oscar party begins
Owner appeals for help in recovering car stolen overnight
Woman dies after collision with lorry in Lurgan
NI Water fined £2,000 over river pollution incident at Keady
Man remains critical in hospital following crash in Armagh last week
Celtic superfan Jay runaway winner of SPFL’s January ‘Goal of the Month’!
Minister approves admissions rise for city-based Irish medium unit
Bentley and Kernan relishing swapped roles for ground-breaking TV show