Another ATM was stolen from a shop in Co Down during the small hours of this morning (Tuesday).
Detectives in Newry are appealing for information following a burglary at the shop on the Crossgar Road in Ballynahinch.
It is understood the incident sometime during the early hours of this morning.
Detective Sergeant Bell said “It was reported that an ATM machine with a substantial amount of money was taken as well as the safe from the commercial premises.
“It is believed that the incident occurred sometime before 4.30am this morning.
“I would appeal for anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious persons or vehicles in the Crossgar Road area to contact Detectives on the non-emergency number 101 quoting reference 162 24/04/18.
“Alternatively, information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, which is 100% anonymous and gives people the power to speak up and stop crime.”
Speaking just yesterday, Chris Sloan, Head of Crime Prevention, PSNI, said: “We would advise businesses to regularly review their crime prevention measures to minimise their risk of becoming a victim of crime.”
Here are a few simple measures:
• Ensure minimum cash is kept on the premises. Leave the till empty and open overnight. If an ATM is a self -fill option, reconsider having a managed machine or the use of a Cash Security Company
• Use signs to clearly state that there is minimal cash on premises/limited cash in tills/ATMS – out of hours. For example: ‘time delay safes are used’ or ‘no money is left on the premises’ or ’employees cannot open the safes’.
• Do not count cash in public view, or fill the ATMs in opening hours.
• Ensure all security equipment including CCTV, Alarms etc. have been routinely serviced and are working properly.
• Conduct a full security review of your business and seek assistance as required.
A Co Armagh farmer has admitted to causing unnecessary suffering to a cow. Maurice...
A Tandragee man who attempted to throw himself in front of vehicles after assaulting...
A resident at a Loughgall care centre who was found with cannabis has been...
/ 12 hours ago
‘Frank Carson: A Rebel Without A Pause’ is a whirlwind comedy drama celebrating the...
/ 1 week ago
Kabosh presents The Box, a new play by Carlo Gébler, which brings to life...