Congratulations to Mr & Mrs McCann, their family and all of Armatile’s staff on their ruby anniversary!
Armatile Celebrates 40 years in business!
Armatile — one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of architectural and interior design tiling solutions in Ireland and the UK — is celebrating 40 years in business.
The company — which was established in 1975 in the small village of Loughgall in Northern Ireland by Mr & Mrs James & Pat McCann — held a special night, to celebrate its ruby anniversary at Armagh City Hotel on 12th September. Among the many guests were staff, colleagues, individuals and organisations that have helped and supported Armatile along the way.
At the event Mr McCann, now aged 74, spoke about the difficulties of starting out in business, he remembered friends, family and colleagues who help him along the way and had a special thank you to the people who have made Armatile the international success it is – the people who work with him, many of those have dedicated their working lives to making a positive contribution to the company and the local community.
Under his guidance, Armatile has grown hugely and is one of the largest importers, retailers, distributors and manufacturers of decorative ceramic and porcelain tiles in the UK and Ireland, employing almost 100 people.
It currently operates:
* Five wholly owned retail stores
* A large distribution network servicing around 90 smaller tile retailers in Ireland
* A manufacturing facility with the latest tile and waterjet cutting technology manufacturing a wide range of complementary mosaics and decoration for tile ranges, Victorian-style flooring and individual, bespoke tile designs for tile manufacturers, distributers, retailers and end users
* An in-house design team developing innovative decorative tile and mosaic surfaces for a wide collection of interior, commercial and residential clients
* An award-winning contracts team delivering tiling solutions to architectural and commercial projects