A disused filling station at Newry Road in Armagh is to be redeveloped as commercial units.
The former Jet Filling Station will be converted into four separate shops.
A planning application for the redevelopment plans, on a prime location, has this week been submitted for consideration by Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council.
It also includes the provision of nine parking spaces, and two disabled parking bays facing on to the main Newry Road.
The conversion of the disused filling station, at 126-128 Newry Road, would be a welcome boost for the area.
And the units are already being advertised ‘to let’.
Leading property firm Lambert Smith Hampton describes it as an “exciting retail development”.
In its marketing materials, LSH states: “This area is served by the main motorway network in Northern Ireland, with major road links to the business capitals of Belfast and Dublin.
The subject site is located on the Newry Road which is the main road entering Armagh City. This location offers excellent frontage on to the busy Newry Road with high volumes of vehicular passing.
“The subject development will comprise four retail units ranging from approximately 484 – 1936 sq ft.
“The retail units will be finished to standard developers shell specification with services installed to a consumer point.”
Read more news: