Reports To: Technical and Quality Manager
Location: White’s Speedicook, Scarva Street, Tandragee
Hours of Work: Shift Work Monday – Friday (5.45 – 2.15pm / 2pm – 10.30pm / 8am – 4.30pm. Occasional weekend work)
Reporting to the Technical and Quality Manager, the Quality Technician will be responsible for assisting in ensuring compliance with all relevant quality and food safety standards and ensuring all aspects of production are carried out to exact quality specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all production tasks are carried out to exact quality specifications;
- Carry out quality checks and maintain records;
- Collect and send samples to outside laboratories for testing;
- Conduct weekly hygiene audits;
- Inspect all incoming goods and paperwork;
- Assist in customer audits;
- Maintain and update QMS;
- Assist with investigations into non-conformances.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures within the remit of this role;
- Carry out any other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned by senior management;
- Be flexible in approach to working hours.
- Have a third level qualification in Food Technology or equivalent;
- Possess a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role within the food industry;
- Have Intermediate Food Hygiene (minimum);
- Be IT Literate;
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision and work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Show attention to detail and accuracy of record keeping.
- Train the Trainer Qualification;
- Advanced Food Hygiene;
- HACCP Level 3
To request an application form please contact the Human Resources Department at Fane Valley.
About Us –
The White’s mill founded by Thomas Henry White in 1841 in Tandragee, Co. Armagh grew from humble beginnings as a corn and flour mill along the banks of the river cusher. Fast forward 177 years on and White’s is now Ireland’s largest oat miller and breakfast cereal producer- Time Honoured Oats since 1841.
Today a market leading and multi award winning porridge and oat cereal brand. From traditional and organic oats, to instant oats and ready to eat oat clusters and granolas, there really is an oat for everyone to enjoy.
Free Giveaways and Newsletter
Become an Armagh I member – for FREE – for all our great giveaways and regular newsletter. Sign up here.