Armagh I is the biggest news website in the county, reporting news from Lough Neagh to Lough Ross, Maghery to Crossmaglen, Lurgan to Newry and everywhere else in between.
For that reason, we are looking for freelance journalists to help contribute to our growing news brand and be part of our team.
The roles will be available on a freelance basis but days and times are negotiable for the right candidates.
The right person/s will have a passion for news, producing high quality features and delivering creative digital storytelling.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important to our communities.
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Tell and edit stories in many different ways, including video and audio
- Work as part of a team – and importantly on your own initiative – and be able to contribute across a range of subjects
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
- Turn around copy and content quickly and accurately; mindful of IMPRESS guidelines and legal issues.
The ideal candidate:
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting/editing video, taking pictures. A proven track record for digital storytelling.
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and online publishing
- Passion for storytelling in local journalism
- A valid UK driving licence
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification but will consider candidates working towards NCTJ or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of court reporting.
- Knowledge of the local area
Training will be provided.
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
To apply for the job send your CV to email@example.com.